[LUAU] Anybody interested in on-island Red Hat (RHCE) training?

John Call johncall at byuh.edu
Mon May 12 12:12:40 PDT 2008

Aloha LUAU,

I hope I'm not stepping over the line of what is acceptable material
to post.  I approached my CIO a while ago about becoming a Red Hat
Certified Engineer.  BYUH utilizes Red Hat linux extensively and I
have a passion for it as well.  So the idea of me being further
certified (currently RHCT) appeals to my CIO.  Some of you may know
that there is no regularly scheduled on-island training offered by Red
Hat.  The idea of sending 1-6 employees to California for RHCE
training gets expensive quickly with all of the associated flight,
hotel, car, and per-diem costs.  Thus, my CIO is extremely interested
at the possibility of paying $14,376.67 for on-island / on-site
training for up to 6 participants.  The per-person cost for RH300
(RHCE Rapid Track Course) is listed at $2,998 -- https://www.redhat.com/courses/rh300_rhce_rapid_track_course_and_rhce_exam/

So -- not to be too wordy -- I'm asking, would anybody on island be
interested in participating in the RH300 / RHCE course if it were
hosted at BYUH?  My idea is that anybody interested in attending would
pay about 1/6 the total cost ($2,396.11).  Please keep in mind that
the RH300 course is a 5-day course, four days of lecture and one day
of certification testing (Mon - Fri).

Thanks,
John