[LUAU] yes...was Re: Is this list still alive...

Jason Axelson bostonvaulter at gmail.com
Sun May 11 15:41:14 PDT 2008

Hi,
You never want to uninstall grub because it is the bootloader that
loads ubuntu.  Instead you should edit it's configuration file.  In a
terminal type sudo gedit /boot/grub/menu.lst
If the default entry is already ubuntu (the default it whatever one is
selected when you first boot up)
then all you need to do is change the timeout from 10 to 0 (it should
be around line 19)
If you need to change the default, you would need to change the
default setting.  But I believe that when you install Ubuntu it makes
Ubuntu the default anyway.

Jason