[LUAU] Is this list still alive...

Al Plant noc at hdk5.net
Mon May 5 11:03:52 PDT 2008

John Call wrote:
> I'm new to the list -- I think I subscribed just after some things
> happened.  Too bad.  I hope to see some activity return to the list.
>
> John Call
> Systems / Network Analyst
> Brigham Young University Hawaii
> 808-675-3275
> johncall at byuh.edu
>

> On May 4, 2008, at 7:44 PM, Edward Haddock wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 2008-05-04 at 15:10 -1000, Al Plant wrote:
>>> Is the Luau list still alive?
>> Aloha,
>>     I am not sure. It seemed some things happened and everyone stopped
>> posting.

Aloha list members,

I'm pleased to see that there are a few of you out there. I am a user of
   mostly FreeBSD for the past 9 - 10 years, and once in a while help
some one with Linux. I do a lot of fix up challenges with computer and
network hardware. I would hate to lose the LUAU list as a resource if I
need a question answered or can help answer another members questions.
I am not political so I decline to get involved with flames, egos or
organizational power struggles. I have in the past donated equipment to
the labs for schools projects, which I think is a good project.
I have space in my noc for hosting the LUAU server with 24/7 power
backup. I would be open to hosting the server and a mirror if someone
wants to remotely maintain them. I have no idea where the list  is
hosted now, but it seems to be working.

Thanks to all who responded. LUAU lives!

   + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
   + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD 6.* - 7.* - 8.* +
   < email: noc at hdk5.net >