[LUAU] list "moderation"

Vince Hoang vince at litrium.com
Sat Mar 29 19:43:04 PDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 11:22 AM, Gary Sublett <gsublett at gmsdigita.com> wrote:
>  Vince asked for input from list members and I provided mine.

Thanks. I would appreciate suggestions on alternatives that would
achieve the goal of keeping personal attacks off list. I want HOSEF
content back on hosef-managers, but it is the personal attacks that
triggered my [extreme] reaction.

>  You advocate stronger moderation, I disagree. Had there not been the
>  reported "moderation" (censorship) on the HOSEF managers list would we
>  be discussing this?

+1. Sounds hypocritical doesn't it?

I don't like what I did but feel emergency moderation would have been
worse. I don't want heavy moderation and tried repeatedly on list and
off list to get the flames down. (They are still going quite heavily
off list and I don't think that will change soon.)

In a few days, we will need to look into me relinquishing my moderator
bit and/or moving the list to another domain.

Lots of people need to grow up, myself included.

-Vince