[LUAU] list "moderation"

R. Scott Belford scott at belford.net
Thu Mar 27 15:27:48 PDT 2008

I have no desire to moderate this list and do not understand this question.
I have never moderated LUAU for many good reasons.  I am not even an admin.
There has obviously been no moderation for the last few weeks.  It was today
that I reminded the current admin that he alone has the admin password, and
he has had it since I migrated the lists a few weeks ago away from our
outdated UH install and to Dreamhost.  Prior to that migration I asked if
anyone else wanted to host or to moderate this mailing list.  For a few
weeks anything and everything has been expressed on LUAU without regard to
any ethic or decorum.  I tried to give this list to the community, it was
not taken, and I have been paying to host it while my reputation and all
that HOSEF has done is slandered, slighted, libeled, and damaged by the very
people claiming that they don't have enough control over HOSEF to do
non-ecycling projects.  I'll let history judge this one.

Some action seems to have been taken today, at least by making the lists
private.  The world deservedly loves all that you have done to make this
list and more work, Vince, so I personally vote against your giving it up.
I completely reject any admin privileges.  I will continue hosting LUAU, and
I will continue wondering how many more questionable and actionable comments
are made.  Can someone please restore the decorum of this list *without*
using the word scott?

--scott