[LUAU] Hello - My Name is Scott

808blogger 808blogger at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 23:04:08 PDT 2008

REPOST- I sent from wrong address and it got trapped in moderation. sorry

<disclaimer>
I run 100% open source
I am a parent
</disclaimer>
Having nothing to do with hosef i'll chime in.
the hosef group seems ( by looking at the photo gallery and projects)
focuses a lot on hardware for some reason. This was made clear when
reference was made about the hosef listserver(the physical machine from
what I interpreted). Why the focus on the machines? Anyone can host a
list serve. I know for a fact multiple companies would host a hosef
server for free.
Hosef also seems to focus a lot on children. This is very commendable
but does very little for the long term effective goal of open source
advocacy. Hosef also seems to have a business allergy. Hosef should be
educating businesses how to leverage open source software to their
benefit and bottom line. When business start become useres and
understanders of open source the result will be more open source at home
and at schools. Hosef needs to be much more involved in the business
community. The for the children bit seems more like a novelty and
"cheapens" the image of the oss community. Moving machines and
installing ubuntu for kids seems like a very low level of operation.

Helping people make money with oss != evil

Just my 2 cents worth..