[LUAU] high performance SCP/SSH

Eric Hattemer hattenator at imapmail.org
Thu Feb 21 20:13:34 PST 2008

So I know this is pretty off-topic and all, but has anyone ever found an
scp client for Windows that doesn't perform like ass?  I can pick any
two random linux/solaris/osx machines, and get 20-30MB/s transfers.  But
between windows and linux/solaris/osx, the most I've ever gotten was
3MB/s.  I've tried cygwin ssh, winscp, pscp, coreftp, and probably
others, never with any decent speed.  Regular FTP on the same machine is
30MB/s+, FTP over SSL was about the same, I think, but scp and suddenly
the speed goes down by a factor of 10.  Using various -c and -C options
hasn't helped.  Anyone know what it is that caps this speed?

-Eric Hattemer