[LUAU] high performance SCP/SSH

Jim Thompson jim at netgate.com
Tue Feb 19 11:58:05 PST 2008

On Feb 17, 2008, at 1:36 PM, Kristian Erik Hermansen wrote:

> On Feb 17, 2008 2:25 PM, Jim Thompson <jim at netgate.com> wrote:
>> infringement, pure and simple), and then politicizes their 'security
>> features' as better, no matter what they've broken.   Any real
>> security work by OpenBSD is quickly copied into FreeBSD and NetBSD,
>
> You have to admit that OpenBSD has the safest networking stack.

No, I don't.  Especially since it doesn't.

> OpenBSD is also the first to implement any bleeding-edge security
> threats.

I'm sure.   (You may wish to re-parse your words here.)

> Take a look at the history.

Yes, I have looked at the history of the OpenBSD stack and software
issues.

That was my point.   You seem to have missed it in your fandom for
Theo's "groupthink".

> Sometimes "breakage" happens because the other developers who built
> code on top of an
> infrastructure assumed too much...

While this is a true statement, a properly-constructed system
('infrastructure') shouldn't be open to this type of failure.