[LUAU] Meet the guy who refers to Richard Stallman as a capitalist.

Jim Thompson jim at netgate.com
Thu Mar 15 04:52:36 PDT 2007

http://www.hindu.com/mp/2005/02/08/stories/2005020800950400.htm

He is especially severe on Richard Stallman, the founder of GNU.
"Richard Stallman is a capitalist. He is a very good friend of mine
but doesn't take a clear position," he argues.

Or not...

http://lists.dyne.org/dynebolic/msg01725.php

What i tried to explain in the interview is that, while the Free
Software Foundation and Richard Stallman himself don't have an
anti-capitalist position for what they do, i do have.

So please read my statement as "while Richard Stallmann doesn't holds
an anti-capitalist position, i do."

I felt like specifying that FSF and RMS are not sharing my anti-
capitalist views since i had a previous email exchange with Richard
in which he wrote me once that "I am not against capitalism as such,
though I am against letting business have power as it has today."

In making my statement for the interview i didn't wanted to
assimilate the whole free software movement to my personal view and
motivation, but
by doing so i must have confused the journalist. And now i'm very
sorry for it!