[LUAU] Job Posting: LAMP SysAdmin

CHARLES KOEHL charles at hawaiianbeachrentals.com
Fri Jul 6 18:23:10 PDT 2007

Aloha, I was referred to this list by Clifton Royston. We're looking for
a part-time SysAdmin.

Vacation Rental Agent is an international vacation rental application
service provider as well as the leading vacation rental agency in Hawaii
with over 3000 vacation rentals. We are a rapidly-growing 5-year-old
company that has doubled in size every year.

Vacation Rental Agent has developed a world-class web application
service which is used by our subsidiary hawaiianbeachrentals.com and
tinysurfer.com and by several other property management and real estate
agencies for sales force automation, lead management, guest management,
calendaring, email notifications, guest feedback, sales performance
analysis and financial reporting.

This innovative system also generates the hawaiianbeachrentals.com
website, ranked organically #1 on Google for "hawaii vacation rentals"
and many other prized key words in the Hawaii tourism industry. On this
website, property owners and managers advertise their vacation homes and
accept reservations by credit card.

This is a contract position.

We are looking for someone to help us with the daily tasks of
monitoring, maintaining, updating and securing our Gentoo Linux web
servers colocated in Honolulu. We estimate 2-3 hours a day, but as we
are growing rapidly this could increase within a year. Some of your
responsibilities would include:

*	Responding to emails sent from various software providers and
updating/patching software accordingly.
*	Monitor traffic and make infrastructure recommendations as
warranted.
*	Writing scripts to automate various administrative tasks.
*	Documenting new processes and technology for users and staff.
*	Set up new applications.

Requirements:

*	Ruby/Python/PHP programming
*	Proactive Linux security auditing
*	Linux system administration
*	apache configuration
*	php configuration
*	mysql configuration
*	network security and firewall rules
*	XenSource Linux virtualization
*	Subversion CM

Pluses

*	Experience with Gentoo emerge package management
*	Postfix configuration
*	MoinMoin wiki
*	Samba
*	Perl/Bash