[LUAU] Re: dangers to (Software) Freedom

Angela Kahealani angela at kahealani.com
Sun Aug 26 20:32:00 PDT 2007

On Sunday, 2007-08-26 11:32:35 Jim Thompson wrote:
> In any case, modern crypto-systems do not depend on "prime numbers"
> per se.  Rather, the[y] depend on the difficulty of factoring large
> numbers,
> especially those that are the product of two prime numbers.

Yes... so if you can quickly generate primes,
you can quickly test factoring those primes out of another number.

> If *that* had been cracked, then there would be a paper to read, and
>   headlines around the world, not a "3 hour DVD".  (A three hour
> tour.... the weather started getting rough, the tiny ship was
> tossed...)

There was a paper to read, and it's published in the back of the book he
just published. He's been very careful, responsible, and ethical in
first introducing the material to insiders to begin working on
alternate encryption methods NOT rendered useless by our new ability to
quickly create primes.  http://www.jmccanneyscience.com/
There are MANY things not reported by the broadcast media.
...and you can say you heard it first here before the media picked it
up, if they ever do. I personally consider it a good thing that the
media hasn't broached this yet, as the industry quickly needs
alternatives before most are made aware of the problem, i.e.,
the "security through obscurity" method is now in play.

Aloha, Angela

--
Copyright 2007 Angela Kahealani. All rights reserve without prejudice.
All information and transactions are private between the parties, and