[LUAU] "Linux Client Migration Cookbook" available for download

Julian Yap julian_yap at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 20 21:24:40 PDT 2006

This looks interesting.  I wonder how many corporate desktops
run Linux in Hawaii.  I guess a better question is, how many are
considering migrating from Windows?

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redpieces/abstracts/sg246380.html

IBM has published a final draft of its "Redbook" titled Linux
Client Migration Cookbook, Version 2: A Practical Planning and
Implementation Guide for Migrating to Desktop Linux. The
376-page book, which targets enterprises needing to begin an
evaluation of desktop Linux, is available for free download.

A quote:
"Within the context of a pre-existing Microsoft Windows-based
environment, we attempt to present a more holistic, end-to-end
view of the technical challenges and methods necessary to
complete a successful migration to Linux-based clients."