[LUAU] A bit more information to my WordPress problem that might be solvable with apache httpd.conf

Brian Chee chee at hawaii.edu
Sun Sep 3 00:56:38 PDT 2006

This is a portion of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default that I'm
attempting to limit posting to a particular directory:

<Directory /var/www/blog/wp-content/uploads/>

        AuthType Basic

        AuthName "Passwords required for file upload:"

        AuthUserFile /home/blog/legalpasswordfile

        # Allow anyone to GET, but require password for posting

        <Limit POST>

        Require valid-user

        </Limit>

</Directory>

Should this work? The goal is to allow anyone to be able to bring up content
in that directory from WordPress (GET, etc) but if you want to upload a
picture you need to supply a legal password.

I've also posted to the WordPress support site to ask if I'm
misunderstanding how WordPress handles upload security.

/brian chee