[LUAU] Nokia 770 questions

Jim Thompson jim at netgate.com
Mon Oct 23 16:45:58 PDT 2006

Jeff,

I don't use them, as I keep all my PIM stuff in my phone.   I haven't
tried the bash shell, either, sorry.

I mostly use it with a Bluetooth GPS and maemo-mapper, (its really
fun to watch it download maps via GPRS)
or as a substitute for the laptop when dragging it around is just too
much.

http://gnuite.com:8080/nokia770/maemo-mapper/

I've considered using it as a front-end for the in-car linux box I've
got in the FJ40(*).  Since the FJ40 isn't on-island (yet, sigh), I've
not advanced this at all.
The in-car linux box has a GPS attached (with an external antenna!),
too.   The idea is to eventually be able to do predictive driving
directions along with using information about historical driving
trends and other information I can gather via the ODB-II port (engine
load, rpm, speed (could have got that via the GPS too), etc.

And its not imposition.

Jim

(*) less to see, less to steal