[LUAU] Its time to simply ban Windoze machines from the Internet

Tim Newsham newsham at lava.net
Wed Oct 18 23:19:36 PDT 2006

> Its not that simple.   Windows boxes are a heckuva lot easier to populate
> with the software that creates botnets.   They're an open infection vector.

I don't agree at all.  There are sufficient server and client
vulnerabilities in *BSD, linux, OS X and windows.  Many of the attacks
don't even rely on any software vulnerability but on the poor judgement
and bad practices of end users.  These same problems exist in the unix
population.  The software for all aspects of a the malware would be
substantially similar across all existing popular platforms.  The only
major differentiator is the return on investment.  Writing attacks for
windows makes more economical sense for attackers.

Tim Newsham
http://www.thenewsh.com/~newsham/