[LUAU] Its time to simply ban Windoze machines from the Internet

Peter Besenbruch prb at lava.net
Wed Oct 18 13:03:08 PDT 2006

Tim Newsham wrote:
> Ok, this is just silly.  If you ban windows machines from the internet
> you'd just get a bunch of linux and osx botnets...  Botnets run on
> windows because they are the majority population, not because they are
> inherently easier to write botnets for.

Linux has some advantages when it comes to serving in a botnet, such as
increased stability and more reliable networking. Perhaps Solaris would
be even better.

On a more serious note, it's refreshing to do my weekly updates, and
know that all my vulnerable software is getting updated. No anti-virus,
and no anti-spyware, it's nice.

--
Hawaiian Astronomical Society: http://www.hawastsoc.org
HAS Deepsky Atlas: http://www.hawastsoc.org/deepsky