[LUAU] KnoppMyth

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at hawaiilinux.us
Sat May 27 11:15:26 PDT 2006

Edward Haddock wrote:
> Aloha,
> 	I was wondering why you are avoiding Fedora? Curiosity mostly.
In the most recently issue of Linux Journal, Nicholas Petrely also
mentioned his displeasure with Fedora.  My reason is totally different
from his.  For me, the main issue is a lack of smooth transition from
"Linux as a hobby" to "Linux as an enterprise OS".  Previously this was
not a problem b/c no one (myself at least) was expecting to see
proliferation of Linux desktops in the foreseeable future.  But when (as
I believe) business Linux desktops are now becoming a very distinct
possibility, I want to focus on a distro that shares a common code base
between the hobby version and the enterprise version.  But as Nick said
in his article, this is just me; Fedora may be the best distro for you.
Wayne