[LUAU] Apache Virtual Hosts

Al Plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Mon May 8 19:38:21 PDT 2006

Vince Hoang wrote:
> On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 07:04:58AM -1000, Al Plant wrote:
>
>>I have tried to setup a Virtual hosts server in apache 1.3 (
>>single IP to the box) and I can get only the first domain in
>>the three in the setup I am trying to come up. (moving any of
>>the three to that position works.)
>

> You left out the virtual hosts part of your config, but my magic
> eight-ball says you misset NameVirtualHost. If fixing that fails
> to work, paste your <VirtualHost> stanzas.
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/vhosts/name-based.html
>

>>I read all the docs I could find and can only find some vague
>>info that a box running FreeBSD accessed by ssh wont allow
>>virtual hosts. If this is true is there a work around?
>

> I think you confused SSL with SSH. There is extra complexity to
> the configuration when you host multiple SSL-enabled sites on a
> single server.
>
> -Vince

Thanks for the help.

This is set up on my lan to learn and test.

> ### Section 3: Virtual Hosts
#
# VirtualHost: If you want to maintain multiple domains/hostnames on your
# machine you can setup VirtualHost containers for them. Most configurations
# use only name-based virtual hosts so the server doesn't need to worry
about
# IP addresses. This is indicated by the asterisks in the directives below.
#
# Please see the documentation at <URL:http://www.apache.org/docs/vhosts/>
# for further details before you try to setup virtual hosts.
#
# You may use the command line option '-S' to verify your virtual host
# configuration.

#
# Use name-based virtual hosting.
#
#NameVirtualHost *:80
NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.23

#
# VirtualHost example:
# Almost any Apache directive may go into a VirtualHost container.
# The first VirtualHost section is used for requests without a known
# server name.
#
#<VirtualHost *:80>
#    ServerAdmin webmaster at dummy-host.example.com
#    DocumentRoot /www/docs/dummy-host.example.com
#    ServerName dummy-host.example.com
#    ErrorLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-error_log
#    CustomLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-access_log common
#</VirtualHost>
#
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.23>
	ServerAdmin webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
	DocumentRoot  /usr/local/www/data
	ServerName www.mohawk7.intra.net
	ServerAlias mohawk7.intra.net
	ErrorLog /var/log/testone.com-error_log
</VirtualHost>
#ServerName mohawk7.intra.net

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.23>
	ServerAdmin webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
	DocumentRoot /usr/home/www/hdk5/public_html
	ServerName www.hdk5.com
	ServerAlias hdk5.com
	ErrorLog /var/log/hdk5.com-error_log
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.23>
	ServerAdmin webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
	DocumentRoot /usr/home/www/hawaiidakine.info/public_html
	ServerName www.hawaiidakine.info
	ServerAlias hawaiidakine.info
	ErrorLog /var/log/hawaiidakine.info-error_log
</VirtualHost>

--
Al Plant

  -- Webmaster- http://hawaiidakine.com Admin- http://freebsdinfo.org --
Supporting Open Source Computing - - FreeBSD 4.11/6.* -- Debian Linux 3*
"All that's really worth doing is what we do for others."- Lewis Carroll