[LUAU] Apache Virtual Hosts

Julian Yap julian_yap at yahoo.com
Mon May 8 11:28:31 PDT 2006

--- Al Plant <webmaster at hawaiidakine.com> wrote:
> I have tried to setup a Virtual hosts server in apache 1.3 (
> single IP
> to the box) and I can get only the first domain in the three
> in the
> setup I am trying to come up. (moving any of the three to that
> position
> works.) I read all the docs I could find and can only find
> some vague
> info that a box running FreeBSD accessed by ssh wont allow
> virtual
> hosts. If this is true is there a work around?

Hi Al, where is this vague info that a box running FreeBSD
accessed by ssh wont allow virtual hosts?  Maybe it's a FreeBSD
specific networking issue.

A work around could be to install Linux as the operating system.
 Not that I'm biased but I've never had any issue with setting
up VirtualHosts on Apache 2.  I've heard that FreeBSD is a lot
more difficult in setting up when it comes to any web stack.
Hence the acronym LAMP which you can setup out of the box with
Linux.