[LUAU] more participation

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at hawaiilinux.us
Fri Mar 24 15:07:45 PST 2006

Jim Thompson wrote:

> Interrupt routing isn't that difficult, until you have to deal with
> all the legacy IRQ crap from the days of ISA/EISA buses.
>
> then its insane.
>
> So, PowerPC, MIPS, ARM, SPARC and x86 sans support for ISA are all
> equivalent in terms of low-weirdness during install of a new card.
I remember IBM purportedly tried to deal with this problem by
introducing its "proprietary" MCA (MicroChannel Architecture), which
actually contributed to the beginning of the downfall of the mighty
Blue.  I had wondered what the world might have become had (the old) IBM
not been so stupidly greedy.  (Or greedily stupid?)