[LUAU] more participation

Jim Thompson jim at netgate.com
Fri Mar 24 14:56:00 PST 2006

On Mar 24, 2006, at 12:39 PM, Hawaii Linux Institute wrote:

> Jim Thompson wrote:
>>
>> On Mar 24, 2006, at 10:31 AM, Matt Darnell wrote:
>>
>>> I would not purchase a telephony card.  Too many things can go
>>> wrong with
>>> IRQ's etc.
>>
>> This is the fault of running on PC architectures, not the
>> telephony card per-se.
>>
>> Both approaches are valid.
>>
>> Jim
> So you think SPARC will do a better job?

thats not what I said (or even intended).

Interrupt routing isn't that difficult, until you have to deal with
all the legacy IRQ crap from the days of ISA/EISA buses.

then its insane.

So, PowerPC, MIPS, ARM, SPARC and x86 sans support for ISA are all
equivalent in terms of low-weirdness during install of a new card.