[LUAU] more participation

Matt Darnell mattdarnell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 12:31:17 PST 2006

On 3/24/06, Dave Burns <tburns at hawaii.edu> wrote:

> > ......is anyone
> > still up for the Asterisk build this weekend?
> >

> I missed the announcement, and it's not on the HOSEF calendar.
> What/where/who/when? Ah, now I found it, subject line was about MYTHTV, I
> had skipped it.
>
> I just got a copy of knoppsterisk I'd like to try out, but I don't have a
> PBX card yet. I do have a voice modem that theoretically might be of use.
> Is
> it still on?

Dave,

I would not purchase a telephony card.  Too many things can go wrong with
IRQ's etc.

I would recommend a dedicated interface device like a Sipura 3000 -
http://www.voipsupply.com/product_info.php?products_id=775&osCsid=9aff6577c9c49f376bb83fb0b0071133
This device is $99 & can connect to an analog phone line & an analog phone.
No fuss, no muss.

I will create a dedicated thread when we lock down a location.

Aloha,
Matt