[LUAU] Pics and news about the mythtv build

Jon Reynolds jonr at destar.net
Fri Mar 17 14:03:21 PST 2006

Hawaii Linux Institute wrote:

> http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2006-March/128644.html
>
> "I posted recently on using my PVR-350 again after using Nvidia for a
> while.  I had said that the 350 displayed a perfect interlaced picture,
> while using the framebuffer/Xv, not using the hardware decoder.  Also,
> CPU usage was only around 20-25% on the Celeron 1.3GHz that I had it in
> while playing back a recording.  Therefore, it will be able to play any
> video format just fine, including Divx, Xvid, etc.  The Xv driver for it
> has come a long way and really performs remarkably well now.  Thanks to
> John Harvey for that one!"

Thats the one I remember, I had thought that someone had said the 350
could play the other formats. Thanks Wayne for doing all the hard work. ;)

> Please keep us aposted of your progress.  We need to share our
> knowledge/experience.
> This is the only way we can survive on the islands.  Wayne

Haha, I will gladly give you guys anything I have in way of config files
and help with getting lirc to work with myth. I am by no means an expert
but I have been using it since 0.13...I think. So I have run into some
problems and have found some answers. The mailing list is great and the
IRC channel is very helpful also. Freenode #mythtv-users if you want to
help with development there is a #mythtv channel that is just for the
developers. They don't like the unwashed masses of the users in the
developers channel though, which I found out the hard way. :)

Thanks again Wayne for the posts, and I hope the weather in Hawaii is
treating you better than the weather here in Alaska. :)

Jon