[LUAU] Pics and news about the mythtv build

Jon Reynolds jonr at destar.net
Fri Mar 17 12:16:55 PST 2006

Hawaii Linux Institute wrote:

>> The output quality on the 350 is very good for SDTV, but beware: With
>> the 350 it will be difficult or impossible to get BIOS/bootup messages
>> and to play back any video not captured by the 350 (or in standard SD
>> MPEG-2).
>>
>> This means no HD, no Divx, no Xvid, no MPEG-4 of any kind, etc.
>>
>> If you're only planning on playing back SDTV that you capture, the 350
>> will do nicely. If you care about transcoding, DVD archiving, etc, the
>> 350 will probably disappoint you.
>>
>> Most likely you'd be better off going out through an nvidia card (gf4
>> / fx). You should be able to get one for $50-$60 that has a heatsink
>> (rather than a fan) and outputs through DVI and S-video as well as VGA

Wayne,

Where did you find that statement? Do you have the link still or
remember the date of the post? I thought I had heard talk on the list
about this becoming a non-issue. I will post the question back to the
list and ask again because I need to make sure that the epia boards
won't have the same problem.

Thanks,

Jon