[LUAU] Ubuntu... Legalities

Jim Thompson jim at netgate.com
Wed Jun 7 11:36:12 PDT 2006

On Jun 7, 2006, at 6:05 AM, Maddog wrote:

> All that is fine but you missed one thing. On the mainland you have
> competition, this is Hawaii, home of the monopoly and groups that
> act as a monopoly.

I've only been here 2 years, but I still find this "its different
here, give up" thing irksome.

> I have been dealing with that for going on 10 years now. I only
> wish we would come out of our third world attitude and join the
> rest of the mainland in a truly free economy.

Similar things happen on the mainland.

> As far as the politicians, they "own" everything. Did you see the
> news this morning? Cal Kawamoto, the traffic cam senator, under
> investigation by the FBI and IRS. Nothing happens in this town
> unless you "know" (read $$$) someone.

Kawamoto has been in trouble before.  Rod Haraga is in-trouble too,
but then, the current national administration is looting the treasury
and I don't hear many complaining about >that<, either.

> Beer? I'd love too. I can tell you some stories about this place
> too. I don't know much about the Hotel ownershuip structure but I
> know plenty about the commercial real estate industry.

I'm 'free' starting Friday for about two weeks (though I've got a
quick back-n-forth trip to LA in there.)