[LUAU] Ubuntu... Legalities

Tim Newsham newsham at lava.net
Tue Jun 6 09:47:41 PDT 2006

>> If you had a choice to buy gas for $3.35/gallon right down the street on
>> King Street or drive to Millilani (if you live in town) and pay
>> $3.09/gallon, where would you most like fuel up? A large majority would go
>> to the more expensive station out of convenience.
>
> I think you'll find they're "better off" paying the $3.35/gallon at the local
> station.

You've just proved the validity of his analogy.  Now compute the cost of
installing your own codec versus buying a package with the codec
installed.  Be sure to include the value of your time.  You
definitely have to "drive" a lot further when you do it yourself.

Tim Newsham
http://www.lava.net/~newsham/