[LUAU] Slow internet response with different nameservers

Tom Gordon memeyou at memeyou.net
Thu Jun 1 20:11:42 PDT 2006

I haven't noticed any latency or downtime with Verizon or HawaiianTel for
the last 4 years.  The whole time I've been doing local caching.  If you
suspect your dns is lagging, you can try this too, using dnsmasq.  The
simplest setup would be to configure dhclient.conf to add 127.0.0.1 to point
to a local copy of dnsmasq (easy to install and configure).

dnsmasq - "Supported platforms include Linux (with glibc and uclibc), *BSD
and Mac OS X. Dnsmasq is included in at least the following Linux
distributions: Gentoo, Debian, Slackware, Suse, Smoothwall, IP-Cop,
floppyfw, Firebox, LEAF, Freesco, fli4l, CoyoteLinux, Endian Firewall and
Clarkconnect. It is also available as a FreeBSD port and is used in Linksys
wireless routers and the m0n0wall project."

Tom