[LUAU] Slow internet response with different nameservers

Peter Besenbruch prb at lava.net
Thu Jun 1 12:09:11 PDT 2006

David Imai wrote:
> On Ubuntu and Mepis systems I was getting slow internet response
> using Roadrunner. The name resolution seemed to take nearly a minute.
> I tried changing the default nameservers and that made a difference.
> It was faster with the lava.net, hawaiiantel.net and flex.com
> nameservers, and slower with rr.com and aol.com nameservers. Why is
> that?

Verizon had that problem, too, and it affected Windows machines. One
person mentioned location; I suspect that, like Verizon, the name
servers are not up to the traffic. You pay a lot for Lavanet, but it is
always fast.

--
Hawaiian Astronomical Society: http://www.hawastsoc.org
HAS Deepsky Atlas: http://www.hawastsoc.org/deepsky