[LUAU] wlan question

Tim Newsham newsham at lava.net
Sat Jul 1 20:20:44 PDT 2006

> What will help is selecting the "strongest" AP, and then getting your AP on
> the SAME CHANNEL.
>
> Try it, if you really want the math behind why it works, let me know, but
> right now I'm remote without an AC adapter, so I literally can't afford the
> time to write it down.

I'm definitely interested in the "why."  Btw, I gave it a shot.  I'm
still getting a bit of loss (about 35% right now, but I'm a bit
further away than earlier).  I think overall the results are on par
with using a "free" channel that is two away from any nearby broadcaster.

It's possible that this isn't an interference issue, but that seems
to be the most logical explanation so far (unless someone knows of
interop issues between dlink and various laptop builtin drivers,
such as intel 3945abg).