[LUAU] Am I going to TPOSSCON - If not why?

Clifton Royston cliftonr at iandicomputing.com
Mon Jan 30 09:54:48 PST 2006

On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 10:21:20PM -1000, Ho'ala Greevy wrote:
> R. Scott Belford said:
[re-ordered]
> >  For the most part, people did not attend
> > because of the time of year, time of week, and time of day.  Next year
> > we will do this on Friday and Saturday.
>
> A weekend conference would work much better for me!
>
> Scott, put me down for helping next year.  I don't know if I can commit a
> lot of time, but I'll do what I can.

  Ditto for me.

  Also, not so soon after the New Year would work a little better for
me.  I was dealing with end-of-year accounting issues for my fledgling
company (and beginning-of-year tight budget) and the conference was on
me practically before I realized it.  I was aware and thinking of
going, especially with the Terpstra training, but the combination of
holiday time crunch, personal tight budget, and my temporary
disorganization stalled me.

  If you want to reach a broader group of attendees, though, I think it
would be very beneficial to reach more of the general business
community who aren't already involved with FOSS, so that they can learn
the benefits.  Maybe next year some PBN ads and a modest direct mail
campaign to local businesses would be worth it.

  I also hope you bring back John Terpstra's seminar next year, as I'm
still kicking myself for passing it up.

  Just my $0.02c.

  -- Clifton

--