[LUAU] Am I going to TPOSSCON - If not why?

Matt Darnell mattdarnell at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 17:04:23 PST 2006

On 1/29/06, Julian Yap <julian_yap at yahoo.com> wrote:

> C. Hell, if you weren't there to listen to Andre Hill, CHIEF TECHNICAL
> OFFICER of Novell, answer questions in depth for over an hour about the
> direction and strategy of one of the largest global companies supporting
> Open Source then that's your problem.  Or maybe you consider a CTO an
> "intellectual"?

I guaranty the CTO of Novell does not understand my problems.  They are
smarter than me, bigger bank account, larger vocab, more business acumen,
etc, but they can not speak authoritativly to the issues affecting a ten
person business.

I am pro big business, life long Republican, but the CTO of Novell's world
is not the average business in Hawaii.

Hope this answers your question.  BTW, everyone speaks to prepared
> slides unless they are a gifted public speaker like Robin Miller who can
> engage an audience and speak off the cuff for an hour.

Please let me clarify, by 'pre-pared slides' I meant slides that were
developed by a marketing department, and handed to them to speak from.

Aloha,
Matt