[LUAU] MythTV Thanks

Jim Thompson jim at netgate.com
Tue Feb 28 01:13:25 PST 2006

	During its early days, LUAU was quite inspirational.  Warren (Togami)
	was baptised at LUAU (when he was a high school student at Mid-Pac).
	One of my former employees (a summer intern, from Kaimuki High) also
	learned enough Linux tricks from LUAU (and packed enough experience
	elsewhere) to, among many of his other achievements, earn him a full
	schoolarship at a prestigious university in the east coast.

Is LUAU no longer inspirational?  Why not?

	With membership turnovers, LUAU lost its lust.  Then out of nowhere,
	Warren began revitalizing the mailing list, which was always ongoing
	despite its relative inactivity.  Now Vince the Great is the person who
	keeps LUAU going.

LUAU has changed through the years, as the needs of its constituent
members (and indeed, the very membership themselves) have changed.

	To me, LUAU =! Hosef.  If I hear more talks about Hosef "owning" LUAU,
	then I will simply quit.  Wayne

HOSEF does not own LUAU...
	it simply hosts the mailing list.

There are good reasons (that have a lot to do with money) for this, but 	if the membership of the list chooses to move the list, I'll even help
move it.

I never said, or even meant to so much as imply that HOSEF somehow 'owns' (or ever 'owned' LUAU.

Your tactic of changing the message (by implying that I did) doesn't work, Wayne.

You're free to quit of course, but if you care about the results you might otherwise obtain, you've short-changed everyone by quitting.

Quiting doesn't solve anything.  I never quit unless the situation has become
illegal or intollerably immoral.

Jim