[LUAU] Myth TV Thanks!

yuser yuser at hi.net
Mon Feb 27 20:54:17 PST 2006

I'm not sure of the order but maybe the MPLUG and the LUAU mailing list
were at the same time.

I joined the LUAU mailing list some time in 1996 or 1997.  After quite a
few moves of ownership, I am here now.

As I remember that time frame...
I was active in the list but the only meeting I attended with the group
 was a "field trip" to visit the Roadrunner broadband facility and
operation in Mililani (or was it Oceanic at the time).  I believe that
was 1996/97 as well.  The LUAU dude (Ed Orcutt I believe) running the
show was giving out Caldera cds.

The person at Oceanic and/or Roadrunner (Doug Stanfield?) and a few LUAU
members worked together to make a Linux client for authentication to the
CM system so you could connect without Windows about that timeframe as well.

I have some saved sent mail from 1997 and the LUAU mailing address then
was luau at eosys.com

Here was the signature:

---
>    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://www.eosys.com/luau
>  /____/\____/_/ /_/\____/  LUAU - Linux Users Anonymous - Hawaii

My old mail is not to organized but I remeber the mailing list moved to
hi.net for a few years, then to UH, and now hosef?

I left the islands in 1998
There was always bickering but good knowledge was always passed around
as well.