[LUAU] Pics and news about the mythtv build

Matt Darnell mattdarnell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 18:08:10 PST 2006

On 2/22/06, Jon Reynolds <jonr at destar.net> wrote:

> Matt Darnell wrote:
>
> > The two things that did not work were the remote control and viewing the
> GUI
> > on the TV.  We think that the TV out was at a resolution the TV could
> not
> > handle.  I will be posting to the mythtv list to try to get some help.
> > Weird that the remotes did not work, there is a choice in the remote
> section
> > for the exact remote we had.
>
> You never mention how you were trying to set up your remote or what type
> of remote you have.

I am using the remote that comes with the Hauppauge 150.  We thought it
would be slam dunk since in the remote setup screen, there is a choice for
'Hauppauge 150 Remote'  There were other choices, we will try those.

What type of remote do you use?

I believe to get the tv-out to work you will have to
> use 640x480 is the best a standard TV can do. So make sure you set your
> xorg file.

We were fooling around with one file, not sure if that is the one.  When the
box is booting up everything displays fine on the TV, you can see all the
commands etc, right when the GUI kicks in, the TV picture is solid blue.

Can you share your xorg file?  Is it file different depending on the video
card?

> I think as long as you had a PIII 800MHz you will be OK.  You can get
> mythtv
> > running on your regular box.
>
> I run mine on a 733Mhz and 256MB of ram, that I would say is the bare
> minimum. Anything less is a lesson in patience. :)

I am sure the MPEG Encoder built into the card makes a huge difference.

Aloha,
Matt