[LUAU] Clearing the Vault

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Fri Feb 3 14:42:20 PST 2006

We have a vault full of computers that you may be interested in helping
us put to use.  The vault is leased by CompUSA, and it is full of the
remnants from when Computers for Kids partnered with CompUSA to store
computers.  Whatever we don't remove tomorrow will be going to the Gulch.

You heard me right, and this is the way computer recycling works in
Hawaii.  If HOSEF doesn't take it in, or Computers for Kids doesn't find
it a home in a school, and the contributor doesn't find a recipient,
then the equipment goes to the landfill.  There is no computer recycling
in Hawaii.

Some of the hardware *may* be of value to you in your mythtv endeavor.
Some of it will be rolled into HOSEF.  We have so very, very much,
though, that I doubt if I can use much.  So, if you want to help, I will
give you with hardware booty.

Please reply in thread or in person if you want to meet me there
tomorrow.  I'll be running our Saturday workshops at McKinley from 10-2.
 I will open the vault around 8:30, and I can leave some of you there if
you want to dig through the loot and booty.

--scott