[LUAU] TUX magazine - free electronic mag for new Linux users

Jim Thompson jim at netgate.com
Wed Feb 1 17:03:04 PST 2006

On Feb 1, 2006, at 2:15 PM, Julian Yap wrote:

> There's a free electronic magazine called TUX that's quite good.
>
> It's from the guys who do Linux Journal magazine.

Its actually Carlie Fairchild's baby, but she stays (mostly)
invisible in the process.

http://www.carliefairchild.com/

I strongly suspect that Carlie is the voice behind "Mango Parfait",
but she refuses to divulge the identity or admit to being same.

Otaku ("Geek") (Mango's technical boyfriend) is semi-obviously her
real-life boyfriend, who constantly shows up in photos surrounded by
gadgets and wires.

http://www.carliefairchild.com/photos/boston/boston_05_045_1.html

> The current issue's editorial references an article
> (http://www.brazzilmag.com/index.php?
> option=com_content&task=view&id=4170&Itemid=49) about Brazil's plan
> to bring Linux desktops and computers to their people.  According
> to the Ministry of Science and Technology, Marcelo Lopes, 500
> thousand units should be sold in a period of four to six months.

Brazil is also the 'hotbed' of Orkut subscribers and activity (just
to tie-in the other thread).

Jim