[LUAU] TUX magazine - free electronic mag for new Linux users

Julian Yap julian_yap at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 16:15:03 PST 2006

There's a free electronic magazine called TUX that's quite good.

It's from the guys who do Linux Journal magazine.

"TUX is the first and only magazine for the new Linux user and is
dedicated to promoting and simplifying the use of Linux on the desktop.
Each issue of TUX is delivered digitally as an easy to read PDF."

http://www.tuxmagazine.com/

I find it well put together and has nice tutorials/guides/reviews that
introduces me to new programs and aspects of Linux.

The current issue's editorial references an article
(http://www.brazzilmag.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4170&Itemid=49) about Brazil's plan to bring Linux desktops and computers to their people.  According to the Ministry of Science and Technology, Marcelo Lopes, 500 thousand units should be sold in a period of four to six months.