[LUAU] Anyone use a Linksys NSLU2? USB hard disk drives are FOSS friendly?

Jimen Ching jching at flex.com
Tue Dec 26 16:52:53 PST 2006

On Mon, 25 Dec 2006, Julian Yap wrote:
> Things are starting to get unwieldy and the amount of HD storage
> required for files which can be offloaded (namely music, photos) has
> increased to the point where I need to consider other storage options.
> Basically I want a cheap NAS (and that cheap to run, so not a PC).

I'm not sure how you define cheap; but take a look at Infrant.  They have
a GigE NAS that has lots of features and is reviewed as the fastest.
Their ReadyNV++ product supports this X-RAID feature that allows you to
expand the storage.  So you can start with a single drive and then add
more later.  I bought one and the fan is silent.  You need their latest
rev though.  I heard earlier revs had louder fans.

--jc
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching at flex.com     wh6brr at uhm.ampr.org