[LUAU] s/hosef.ics.hawaii.edu/mirrors.hosef.org/g

Jimen Ching jching at flex.com
Fri Dec 22 00:13:04 PST 2006

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006, Jim Thompson wrote:
> (Have you forgotten that you once put Warren in your killfile?)

I can't forget something that never happened.  I have never created a
killfile in my life.

> I am saying you are free to fork the list, and always have been.  I am
> (expressly) not encouraging you to do so.
>
> Only you know why you persist in arguing the point, rather than starting
> your own version of the list.

When you say: "rather than starting your own version of the list", this
can be interpreted as encouraging me to fork the list.

>> Sorry.  My comment was specifically responding to the hard drive thread, not
>> to the "help Julin and Vince" part.  My bad for not editing my qoute better.
>> Actually, I did kind of mention the hard drive thread.  You just cut my
>> paragraph apart, so it make me sound like I said something I didn't.  Still,
>> I should've edited my qoute better.
>
> You responded with a red herring.  Why?

I was trying to clarify what I was trying to say.  And also to apologize
for not editing my qoutes better and causing miscommunication.  Sheesh.
Seems I can't even apologize correctly in your eyes.

>> It is appropriate.  Did I say otherwise?  Matter of fact, any HOSEF related
>> topic is appropriate for LUAU.
>
> So HOSEF is LUAU?  :-)

LUAU is the appropriate place for all FOSS discussions.  Xorg is FOSS, and
it is appropriate to discuss Xorg related topics.  Does that mean Xorg is
LUAU?  Simply because you can discuss an organization on LUAU doesn't make
them the same.

> Many people appear to mistake "Scott Belford" for "HOSEF", are you one of
> them?

Scott Belford created HOSEF.  When the creator of HOSEF says "HOSEF=LUAU",
that has implications.

I'll respond to your critique of my earlier posts in another reply.

--jc
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching at flex.com     wh6brr at uhm.ampr.org