[LUAU] s/hosef.ics.hawaii.edu/mirrors.hosef.org/g

Vince Hoang vince at litrium.com
Thu Dec 21 08:56:06 PST 2006

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 11:37:09PM -1000, Jimen Ching wrote:
> And Vince, the following is directed at the LUAU list as a
> whole and not you personally. Even though I'm using your qoute;
> I'm only using it to make a point.

Not a problem. Your participation over the years has been
certainly valued and welcomed.

> Concerning this qoute: "... the non-technical ones are a
> complete eye-sore." I know the following will sound like a
> lecture, and I know a lot of you already know about FOSS and
> the ideas behind it. But I think we sometimes need reminding
> of what this concept is all about. I know I sometimes forget
> myself...

My point is you and Jim probably agree with each other more than
with me but end up spending lots of time arguing minor points.

And if it was important, why is the subject untouched? There
would be lots more Google juice for this sub-thread if it was.

> Well, that's another point I want to make concerning the qoute
> above. Which is--not only should LUAU be open to all topics
> of Linux and FOSS, it should be open to all organizations as
> well.

We are in agreement here. I doubt anyone disagrees. We just get
stuck on the statement "HOSEF is LUAU". I happen to disagree with
that, surprise! But I also think it matters little because I
participate on this forum and the non-profit to the extent that I
am willing and able.

My only regret there is not actually having met Jim or Julian.
You and I have not been introduced in real life for that matter.

> If you've read all the way to this sentence, I thank you for
> giving me your time and reading my opinions.

I do, but still believe a blog, private replies, or over some
beer would be better for such an issue.

If anyone wants to reply to my comments, please do so privately.

-Vince