[LUAU] s/hosef.ics.hawaii.edu/mirrors.hosef.org/g

Julian Yap julian_yap at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 16 11:39:56 PST 2006

On Sat, 2006-12-16 at 09:08 -1000, Matt Darnell wrote:
> > The ISOs for various releases have squeezed out most of the
> > updates, so Julian is correct, only updates for the Debian and
> > SuSE repositories are available. As the ISOs get larger, the SuSE
> > repository will drop, and finally Debian.
>
> Vince,
>
> I am looking at a couple of 100+ GB IDE hard drives.
>
> Does the current box have room, or can you use them to bring up a
> seperate server for the updates?

The current HOSEF server at UH is fully loaded with hard disk drives.

To be exact:
2x80GB, 4x160GB HD

> I am sure HOSEF has a box it could
> donate to LUAU.

Hardware is a non-issue.  HOSEF/LUAU needs the administrative
volunteers.  This also includes volunteers to co-ordinate with UH or any
other provider who is willing to donate rackspace and bandwidth at non
cost.

~ Julian