[LUAU] Community Asterisk Build.....Finally!

Matt Darnell mattdarnell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 16:37:01 PDT 2006

Aloha,

It has been a while, but we finally got the Asterisk build scheduled
for Friday, August 25th @ 5PM.

Don Manigerelli was able to secure the confernece room for the Davies
Pacific Building.  It is a HUGE room w/ a 10Mb internet connection &
lots of tables and chairs.

Please reply to this thread if you are interested in coming - everyone
is welcome!  We will order pizza/subs if enough people are interested.

If you want to build your own system, the easiest way is to buy one of these:
http://www.voipsupply.com/product_info.php?products_id=1646
It will allow you to connect to a normal phone line & use a regular
phone.  That is a gret setup to play with or to have for your house.

I will bring a couple ISO's of Asterisk at Home, it will wipe your hard
drive & do a complete install - http://www.trixbox.org/

If you don't know what Asterisk is, here is a breif description:
Asterisk is a complete PBX in software. It runs on Linux, BSD and
MacOSX and provides all of the features you would expect from a PBX
and more. Asterisk does voice over IP in many protocols, and can
interoperate with almost all standards-based telephony equipment using
relatively inexpensive hardware.
Features

Asterisk provides Voicemail services with Directory, Call
Conferencing, Interactive Voice Response and Call Queuing. It has
support for three-way calling, caller ID services, ADSI, SIP and H.323
(as both client and gateway). Check the Features section for a more
complete list.

Aloha,
Matt