[LUAU] Sony's upcoming Mylo WiFi handheld runs Linux

Julian Yap julian_yap at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 10 02:59:04 PDT 2006

I considered getting a Nokia 770 but I wish it had a keyboard.

I first read about the Mylo in Gizmodo a few days ago and it
looked like it had the makings of a really good device if it was
Linux based so that you could add other things like Busybox.

Sony most likely won't be as receptive or accomodating to the
FOSS community as compared to Nokia.  We can only hope though.

This device with its price, keyboard and nice battery life has
real hacker potential.

The main minus I'd say would be the 320x240 resolution vs. the
770's very impressive 800x480.

~ Julian

An official site of sorts:
http://www.learningcenter.sony.us/assets/itpd/mylo/prod/index.html