[LUAU] from the "I'll never work for Microsoft" department

Jim Thompson jim at netgate.com
Tue Apr 11 02:00:17 PDT 2006

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/04/10/fleury_redhat_critic/

"To to me both SUN and RH are open source "wannabees", or as one of
my developers put "open source girly men". They all want to represent
themselves as "friends" of open source. One thing that Tielman is
right about is that "open source doesn't care about you". I agree,
stop talking in our name, today it is a mosaic of people and models.
We push our "professional open source" model. We think of ourselves
as the "REAL open source". We are open source professionals that make
a good living at it, built companies out it. We are not third party
packagers fleecing open source developers and refusing to pay them or
corporate entities desperate for some buzz and OSS credibility."