[LUAU] FOSS alternatives to proprietary software

Julian Yap julian_yap at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 8 04:15:35 PDT 2006

I usually get asked questions along the lines of 'What's the Open Source
alternative to WS FTP LE?'  It pains me to see people using these kinds
of deprecated shareware products past the 30-day trial period...  Like
WinZip.

So I started a page to list the FOSS alternatives to proprietary
software.
http://www.hosef.org/wiki/FOSS_alternatives

I was wondering, what are your favorite FOSS alternatives?

As you can tell from the page, I have screenshots.  So for now, I'm
keeping it simple/pretty and sticking to GUI applications vs.
command-line alternatives like GCC.

Mahalo,
- Julian