[LUAU] Slingbox @ CompUSA

Tim Newsham newsham at lava.net
Thu Sep 22 10:34:37 PDT 2005

> When I travel (especially to overseas), I often wish that I could connect to
> Oceanic Cable.  OTOH, when here, it is close to impossibility to try to watch
> TV shows broadcast in China or Taiwan.  The Slingbox seems to answer these
> needs.

Interesting product.  Unfortunately my wee little uplink from verizon just
wouldn't cut it.  If I lived in a forward looking country like South Korea
where broadband really meant broadband perhaps this would work a bit
better.  Or perhaps I wouldn't even need it.  I've often wondered why PBS
dumps a ton of money into HDTV instead of streaming their content online.
(Well not really;  "congress" would be the answer to that).  There are so
many great PBS shows that just don't make it here.

Tim Newsham
http://www.lava.net/~newsham/