[LUAU] on-topic, finally!

Tim Newsham newsham at lava.net
Sun Sep 18 10:53:56 PDT 2005

> So, not so hypothetically speaking, if you were going to customize a Linux
> kernel-based OS distro to run on, oh, let's say a 512MB or 1GB USB device of
> some sort, and wanted to add onto that the libraries and drivers you'd need
> to run a user-friendly desktop and a basic suite of office applications, how
> would you go about it?

My first instinct would be knoppix.  For example:
http://rz-obrian.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de/knoppix-usb/

I've contemplated this often while lugging a heavier-than-average
laptop during pedestrian commutes.  Not nearly on my mind as often
now that I don't commute (and usb keys are finally priced right for it).

> Andrew Maddox, madsox squiggle radix point net
> I will not do anything bad ever again

Tim Newsham
http://www.lava.net/~newsham/