[LUAU] OT: Looking for networks

Vince Hoang vince at litrium.com
Fri Sep 16 19:29:32 PDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 03:40:36PM -0400, Andrew Maddox wrote:
> One mainlander here who's looking to make contacts that could
> lead to a relocation to Oahu (or maybe Maui, but probably Oahu
> is a better fit) next summer, in 2006.

How about the Big Island? There is a listing for a SAGE IV on the
SAGE jobs list. (I remember you posting to SAGE.)

I know the State of Hawaii is looking for a fulltime Linux
sysadmin. If you are ready to move now, I can pass your resume
along for you.

> I've been very impressed with the knowledge and attitudes I've
> seen lurking on LUAU for the past year or two, so I thought I'd
> de-cloak and say "hi" to see if anyone wants to drop me a line
> off-list.

Hi.

> Anyway, drop me a line if you might know somebody who would
> know somebody who might know somebody else who may eventually
> need a pretty senior systems/network guy or an IT (IS,
> whatever) leader/manager type. Or just have time to chat -
> whatever works!

The good gigs are here but are really hard to find. If you are a
good marketer, you can do well consulting. If you want the salary
then aim for the military contracts. They pay well but you you
security clearance.

With you being in DC, you might consider working for a military
contracting firm out there and make the big move after you
secured your clearance.

-Vince