[LUAU] SMP kernel wierdness

Brian Chee chee at hawaii.edu
Mon Nov 21 15:04:36 PST 2005

hmmm....my tyan based Opterons (64x2) work great on both debian and
rhel...no keyboard problems to report here....it even behaves when running 8
VMWare images...this was also using a Raritan KX-232 IP KVM using the CAT5
dongles...which traditionally had keyboard wake up problems...but that went
away once the OHCI drivers got updated.

Sorry I was not of help...but those two distros are not giving me
problems....they also behaved on the 8-way Opterons from HP also with
VMWare...but we got that up to 16 images...without breathing hard...both
were 2.6 kernels.

/brian chee

University of Hawai'i at Manoa
School of Ocean & Earth Science & Technology
Advanced Network Computing Lab
1680 East West Road, POST rm 311
Honolulu, HI  96822
808-956-5797 voice, 877-284-1934 fax