[LUAU] Re: Python (Was Re: Hosef)

Clifton Royston cliftonr at iandicomputing.com
Sat Nov 19 11:53:18 PST 2005

On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 03:45:20PM -1000, Jim Thompson wrote:
> Julian Yap wrote:
> >>From http://www.python.org/Quotes.html:
> >"Python has been an important part of Google since the
> >beginning, and remains so as the system grows and evolves. Today
> >dozens of Google engineers use Python, and we're looking for
> >more people with skills in this language." said Peter Norvig,
> >director of search quality at Google, Inc.
> Woot! Woot!
>
> Python (and perhaps Ruby) are about as close as it gets to Lisp without
> plunging headlong into the rabbit hole of executable data (Lisp
> macros).   If we're going to sign up to something, it might as well be
> Python (and perhaps Ruby).

  (I sent this to the list before, but from the wrong address...)

  I've started teaching myself Python, and I'm pretty enthusiastic so
far.

  Would anyone be interested in starting up a very informal Hawaii
Python Users' Group?  Probably more of an occasional meet-up and chat,
but we could see what evolves from it.

  -- Clifton

--
    Clifton Royston  --  cliftonr at iandicomputing.com / cliftonr at lava.net